I have a blog post discussing the release, the plans with Wayland and future work: http://hjdskes.nl/blog/gcolor3-2.3/
- Fix AppData for inclusion in Fedora, Flatpak (#60)
- Import deprecated GtkColorSelection and GtkHSV (#67)
- Fix crashing GNOME Shell on Wayland (#67)
- Package Gcolor3 as Flatpak (#72)
- Port Gcolor3 to the Meson build system (#83)
- This removes a dependency on intltool.
- Gcolor3ColorStore: mention that warnings are harmless on first run (#84)
- Fix CTRL-C and other keyboard shortcuts (#64)
- Redesigned saved color page (#92)
- Redesigned header bar (#92)
- Add a GtkShortcutswindow (#93)
- This bumps the required version of GTK+ 3 to 3.20.
- Add a manual page (#99)
- Publish Gcolor3 on Flathub (#87)
- There is now a PPA to install Gcolor3 on Ubuntu (#21)
- New translations: Norwegian Bokmål, Indonesian, Russian, Spanish
- Updated translations: Dutch, British English, German, Serbian
- Removed outdated translations (from build): French, Galician, Greek, Indonesian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish, Ukranian
- Use resource files to define the UI (3d1a0703).
- Use Gcolor3ColorStore to centrally manage colors between several running instances (1ee4d5fa).
- Follow the XDG directory specification (d91dd061).
This means that the configuration file has moved from
- Copy the selected color's hex value from the tree view using Ctrl-C (068b308a).
- Make the main window resizable (772b33b5).
- Use an AppData file to describe Gcolor3 to GNOME Software and the like (8bbdda82).
- Improvements to the build configuration.
- Various small fixes and cleanups.
- Updated translations:
New: Ukrainian, Galician
Updated: Dutch, British English, French, German, Serbian, Swedish and Ukrainian.
Removed from build (outdated, left in source tree): Galician, Greek
v2.1 Version 2.1
Gcolor3 is now also packaged for Fedora: https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/fnux/GColor3/
v2.0 Version 2.0
An almost complete rewrite, with a much better architecture. The featureset is identical, except for that Gcolor3 now uses an
ini-style file to save colors. Please see all commits between this tag and the previous for an elaborate changelog.
Use buttons with images Remove title and subtitle from headerbar Use client side decorations
Gcolor3 based on GTK 3.10 with a GtkHeaderbar and a GtkStack