Tentative goals from my notes from a call we had a while back:
- Expose notification actions in the popover
- Add app symbolic icon to top of the bubbles
- Group bubbles by app in the popover
- Separate content image from app icon
Potential secondary goals:
- Special case for chat (e.g. to get rounded user avatars, and separate content images)?
- Swipe to dismiss bubbles?
- Notifications are in a scrolling area at the top of the popover in the bottom right.
- Bubbles appear in the bottom right
- The bubbles can have actions in a separate row at the bottom, but they seem to be hidden by default
- Symbolic icon and app name are at the top of every bubble
- Notifications can have a title and a subtitle
- User avatars for chat are on the right side
- How are notification actions revealed? On hover? By clicking the little arrow?
- Does it do notification grouping? I haven't been able to find a screenshot
- Notifications are in a scrolling sidebar that slides in above the desktop from the right edge of the screen
- Bubbles appear in the top right
- Bubbles can have actions (on the right side), but they seem to be limited to one?
- Bubbles can have one large icon (the app icon), a title and a subtitle
- is it enforced that the bubble icon has to always be the app icon?
- Notifications are grouped in the list, with a header above
- Bubbles appear at the top, can be swiped away horizontally
- App icon (small, but not symbolic) and app name at the top
- Bubbles can have title, subtitle, and an image on the right
- Chat notifications do not have user avatars
- Notifications are grouped, but in stacks rather than lists. A third line of text indicates how deep the stack is
- Bubbles can be swiped horizontally to reveal actions like "view" and "manage", but there are no custom app actions
- Bubbles come in from the top, can be swiped away
- Colorful symbolic and app name at the top
- Row of pill-shaped quick-action buttons (in addition to regular actions?)
- Actions can have icons, not just labels
- Notifications are grouped by app, but to expand the group you need to pinch vertically
- There's a
+10indicator on groups for how many messages are in the group
- Actions are hidden when a bubble isn't expanded
- Bubbles can have a title, subtitle, and icon on the right
- Some apps (e.g. email) have circular placeholder letter avatars on the right
- Android 11 splits notifications into 3 categories with headers: Conversations, Alerting Notifications, and Silent Notifications