Vertimus page design recommendations
I'm opening this issue in a hope that we get more "designers eyes" on Damned Lies.
I'm not a designer, the following mockup/prototype is based mostly on my personal taste, so the changes could not make sense at all :). What I tried to do, is to showcase the sections that I believe are useful for all groups of users (from a newcomer translator to a committer or coordinator).
- "States" section. A translation has many states until it reaches the repository, a comprehensive diagram lives here https://l10n.gnome.org/help/vertimus_workflow/. My proposal is to represent the states with colours (and to keep things simple I chose three):
- Blue - for the translated files
- Green - for ongoing activities
- Grey - for inactive translation state
We can extend this scheme and use the labels on language page and user profile.
- "Actions" section. In the mockup I propose a more compact design for one-line actions. Of course there is room for improvement if we want to make this type of information less visible/noticeable.