Nautilus strips trailing space in folder names when sending webdav-request
Steps to reproduce
- I only have a nextcloud server (as webdav-resource), but I guess this reproducible with other webdav-servers. So, first step: install nextcloud.
- Create a folder (server-side) that ends with a space. In my specific case its even nested in another folder with a space and actually contains many spaces, like "Camp - Cafe unter dem Verein " (slightly changed for privacy reasons).
- Point nautilus to the respective adress, in my case "https://nexcloud.my.net/remote.php/webdav", enter credentials and browse to the folder created in step 2.
- An error message regarding HTTP something (I can provide screenshots from the customer, but that would be in 2019) pops up.
- Inspect the server log. In my case Apaches access.log . The server will likely have responded a 404 to "PROPFIND ....Camp%20-%20...Verein" (note the missing "%20" at the end, which would be an URI-escaped space (" ").
- Other: Nautilus 3.14.3 (Ubuntu 16.04 as of dec 17 2018).
The HTTP request send is missing the uri-escaped trailing space (at the end of the URL).
The HTTP request should send the uri-escaped trailing space.
Without knowing the exact architecture, I do not believe that this bug is in the gvfs/fuse webdav-implementation, as other filemanagers (tested with thunar) behave correct in this case.