Archlinux [nautilus] 3.36.2 : Memory consumption grows beyond 1.5 GB when caching pictures (all formats)
- Nightly flatpak: Can't test it because I'm on Archlinux and doing this interferes with its indigenous package management through pacman.
Steps to reproduce
- Open nautilus and navigate to the folder containing about 50 mb of pics in png format.
- Nautilus starts caching and gradually becomes laggy.
- Memory consumption shoots to 1.5 GB without even opening any image files.
- Ultimately, nautilus becomes unresponsive and system freezes.
Nautilus becomes unresponsive on caching png files.
Should cache without eating all system memory.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information