Selecting "Copy To..." on an object in "Starred" returns error "The specified location is not supported"
After browsing to the "Starred" folder in Nautilus, right-clicking on a FSO¹ and selecting "Copy to.." brings up a new window to choose the destination, but this window shows an error message:
The folder contents could not be displayed
The specified location is not supported
- Nightly flatpak: Can't test it because the Ubuntu 19.10 Desktop won't load with it installed (via flatpak)
- Other: Ubuntu 19.10 amd64, gnome-shell 3.34.0-1ubuntu1, Nautilus 1:3.34.0-1ubuntu1
Steps to reproduce
- Star a file system object
- Activate the "Starred" folder
- Right-click on starred FSO
- Select "Copy To..." from context menu
¹ FSO: file system object, e.g. a file or folder
A new window ("Select Copy Destination") pops up, as well as the error message in front of it.
A new window ("Select Copy Destination") pops up, but no error message. The user can browser the directories to select the copy destination and confirm.
Confirming the error message enables the user to continue. If the user then chooses to create a new folder, Nautilus crashes. Maybe someone else could reproduce this on the latest version and produce a stack trace there? Other than that I'll be happy to follow the steps in https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTraces to do so.
This issue was originally reported at Launchpad's Ubuntu project for the 'nautilus' packages.