Certain popup menus are placed incorrectly
Certain popup menus get placed far away from the mouse pointer - either to the right or below, and the offset is somewhat consistent. I'm attaching a bunch of screenshots.
- Only native wayland apps are affected; Xwayland is fine
- Only happens when I have an external monitor attached (but as long as it's attached, it doesn't matter which monitor the application window is on)
- When the popup gets placed to the right of the window, its y-coordinate is correct, but its x-coordinate is the parent window location plus some offset. I.e., x-coordinate does not depend on the mouse pointer's location, but depends on the window location. When the popup gets placed below the parent window, same thing happens to the y-coordinate.
- Not all popups are affected
Multiple apps are affected, and they work in Weston, so I'm assuming it's a mutter bug.
Screenshots (all include the mouse pointer, to make it clear how far off it is):
- Epiphany, right-clicking a page
- Epiphany, typing in the URL bar
- LibreOffice, right-clicking the document
- Firefox Nightly, right-clicking the video in the middle of the page
- Firefox Nightly, clicking the settings button
- Nautilus, button tooltip
- Nautilus, window menu (also, disappears as soon as the right mouse button is released)
I'm happy to provide more info or examples.