requested to merge ddkilzer/libxml2:fix-parse-failure-when-4-byte-char-in-utf-16-be-is-split into master
This makes the logic in UTF16BEToUTF8() match UTF16LEToUTF8().
- encoding.c: (UTF16LEToUTF8):
- Fix comment to describe what the code does. (UTF16BEToUTF8):
- Fix undefined behavior which was applied to UTF16LEToUTF8() in 2f938203.
- Add bounds check to while() loop which was applied to UTF16LEToUTF8() in be803967.
- Do not return -2 when (in >= inend) to fix the bug. This was applied to UTF16LEToUTF8() in 496a1cf5.
- Inline (<< 8) statements to match UTF16LEToUTF8().
Add the following tests and results:
test/text-4-byte-UTF-16-BE-offset.xml test/text-4-byte-UTF-16-BE.xml test/text-4-byte-UTF-16-LE-offset.xml test/text-4-byte-UTF-16-LE.xml