There's a WIP merge request for list entries (!194 (merged)) now, but there are still open design questions, and we need to make sure there aren't other use cases that we missed.
- Validation/errors/feedback (#237)
- Progress bars (#237)
- Spinners/ongoing processes
- Explicit confirm (e.g. for values committed to a server). Do we need cancel here?
- With confirm button, how do other buttons move when it appears?
- How should the edit button disappear? Animation choreography when entering edit mode?
Use cases in apps
- Details in Fractal's account settings need confirm buttons for actually changing the value on the server. More generally, this will be needed in all cases where intermediate states can't/shouldn't be submitted but the view the entry is on does not have an "Apply" button (so individual entries are insta-apply).
This also somewhat ties in with validation (both client and server side), since apps may want to not make it possible to submit obviously invalid values and the value should not change locally unless the server confirms it:
- Password Safe has a pretty complex entry for the password: