Gtk4 Win32 : mouse offset when dragging windows out of maximized state.
Steps to reproduce
- Open a gtk4 application and maximise it
- Drag the window out of the maximised state
- See that there is a permanent and constant offset between the mouse cursor and the application titlebar.
This happens on the gtk4-demo application and other applications built on gtk4.
There is an offset between the cursor and the titlebar.
- gtk4.12 on windows 11, mingw64
- Computer : surface pro 8 on windows 11 22H2, screen resolution 2880 x 1920 (the bug occurs at 100 % and 200 % scaling on both the high dpi 2880 x 1920 and 1920 x 1080 resolutions
Bug on the gtk4-demo
And on rnote. For some reason, the offset is much larger on rnote v 0.8.2.
This much larger offset introduces some inconvenience, where touching on a button in the titlebar will change the window size instead of registering a button press.
I think the fact that there is such a difference between these two applications (gtk4-demo and rnote) could help better pinpoint the issue's origin.
On a first look, I thought about a scaling issue, similar to #5877 (closed) but I can confirm :
- the bug occurs at 100 % scaling and 200 % scaling at full HD and high dpi resolution (but there might be a larger gap at 200 %)
- the bug occurs regardless of the type of input (mouse, touch, pen) and behaves the same way between the three
- the bug occurs both on gtk 4.12 and previous versions (4.10 as well).