border-image-url reftest passes or fails dependent on fontconfig's fallback fonts
Steps to reproduce
Build GTK on Debian unstable (with packages from experimental where required, e.g. Pango during the current pre-release freeze) and run reftests with
--setup=x11, on a somewhat extensive zoo of architectures.
Unfortunately the dependency resolver used in experimental is non-deterministic, so a different one of fontconfig's fallback fonts is chosen every time.
border-image-url differs from the reference rendering by a few pixels on some architectures. Each row below consists of: reference rendering; actual rendering; emphasized diff; more info. Sorry, the images are white text on a transparent background, so you'll need to save the images locally to inspect them.
- armel (ARMv5 EABI, software FP), fonts-urw-base35
- mips64el (64-bit little-endian MIPS), fonts-freefont-ttf
- armhf (ARMv7 EABI, hardware FP), fonts-freefont-otf
- i386 (32-bit x86, i686 baseline, no MMX, no SSE), fonts-freefont-ttf
- ppc64el (64-bit PowerPC little-endian), fonts-urw-base35
- s390x (64-bit S/390), fonts-texgyre
The builds that happen to have chosen fonts-liberation as their fallback font seem to have passed this test. Tests that render text should perhaps be specifically setting a known-good font instead of relying on fontconfig's default?
Debian unstable rolling release, Pango 1.48.0-1, Cairo 1.16.0-5.