Drag/Drop issue/crash on win32
Steps to reproduce
- I've attached a slightly modified version of the https://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/drag_and_drop.html demo. My modifications have a comment with a row of *** at the end. The changes are to make this demo fail/crash like my main application (Gramps) does.
- Run the demo, drag an icon to the target area. If it works, the drag icon should show up as a 'starred' icon. It usually fails (drag icon doesn't show) the first time and intermittently thereafter. Note that the result of the drop is a text output to console.
- I get intermittent crashes, usually when the drag icon doesn't appear as it should. They don't seem to happen on the first drag, but on some later drag. I've had the crash on the second or third try, and gone as many as 20 tries before getting a crash. I cannot tell if it is speed dependent. It might crash a bit more often if the key is held down during the drag, but that might be my imagination.
- Fails on Windows 10 Gtk 3.22.30 Mingw64 Python 3.6
- Also tested on Windows 10 Gtk 3.18.9 Mingw32 Python 3.6, seems to work correctly.
- Also tested on Ubuntu 16.04.3 Linux, Gtk 3.18.9, no apparent problem
- Also tested on Debian 9 Linux, Gtk 3.22.11, no apparent problem
- Mingw builds used their standard recipe (actually built, not the downloaded package).
- no warnings or errors show up on the console