Cannot scroll in gtk3/4 apps after interacting with plasmashell
Steps to reproduce
- Open an app you can scroll in like gedit or firefox or gtk4-demo-application
- Have a long scrollable document/page opened
- Check if scrolling works - it should be
- Click on something in plasmashell like app launcher or plasmoids or switch to other app from taskbar
- Check if scrolling works - now it shouldn't
- (optional) Press alt-tab and check scrolling - it should work again. (Switching to the 'scrolling' app other way than alt-tab doesn't usually work)
I am able to reproduce this issue every time with firefox-nightly ,gedit, gtk4-demo-application.
If I start firefox (or other app) with
GDK_CORE_DEVICE_EVENTS=1 then everything works fine
Gtk 3.23, Gtk4-git, Archlinux, KDE Plasma, firefox since port to gtk3
This bug is very likely a duplicate as I have seen it before.