Gnumeric works very poorly/freezes when network mounted directory is stale
This report describes a situation in which losing connection to an nfs mounted resulted in Gnumeric not responding anymore.
- I have nfs mounts with directories from the mount symbolically linked in my home
- The nfs mount in the client got disconnected because of server issues
- Gnumeric would take 1 min to start and when it started it wouldn't respond.
- A previously opened Gnumeric didn't respond. Trying to save the file resulted in the file being lost
- I was not opening files from the nfs mount.
- ls in the home directory would not immediately return
- This bug might not be a Gnumeric-only issue, but how Linux handles disconnected network mounts so awfully poorly. However, other programs (everything else, really, web browsers, music player, terminal, etc) worked fine, so it might be a Gnumeric-only bug.