Cannot enter Chinese (libpinyin) in gnome-shell under wayland
Using the following:
- gnome-shell master (commit 33ffdd60)
- mutter master (commit 33ffdd60)
- gtk 3-24 (commit 36656ea13a735377e59376276727edf63b0e035b)
- libreoffice 6.1 (libreoffice 6.0 will likely crash)
When using the wayland input method module, on libreoffice trying to enter Chinese fails to work (the text is just discarded).
Some debugging suggests me that the following happens:
- the client sends a commit requests (client serial: n, compositor serial n)
- the user clicks "Enter"
- mutter sends and "commit_string" event
- the client receives the "commit_string" event
- mutter sends a "done" event with serial n
- the client sends a commit requests (client serial: n+1, ...)
- the client receives the "done" event but it discards it because n+1 != n