Extensions-app 'keeps running', if you close the app but keep an extensions preference open and focus it with the overview
- Your OS and version: Fedora 33 (but also Fedora 35 in a VM)
- Affected GNOME Shell version: 3.38.5 (41.0)
- Does this issue appear in XOrg and/or Wayland: XOrg only
Extensions-app doesn't close / start any more.
Steps to reproduce
- Open the Extensions-app.
- Open any extension's preference (doesn't matter wether extensions are enabled)
- Close the extensions-app but keep the extension's preference open
- Go to the overview and then click the extension's preference
Closing the extension's preference doesn't properly close the extensions-app.
What did you expect to happen
Closing the preference window closes the app as well.
Relevant logs, screenshots, screencasts etc.
Don't know, if relevant but these messages appeared in
meta_window_set_stack_position_no_sync: assertion 'window->stack_position >= 0' failed when focusing the preference window by clicking it in the overview
Trying to activate unmanaged window '0x1800004' when closing the pref window and clicking the app icon in the dash.
Here is a screencap: