goa-sendmail is a (somewhat) sendmail-compatible command-line backend for GNOME Online Accounts. It can be used for example to set up quickly git-send-email for a GNOME desktop:
[sendemail] smtpserver = /usr/bin/goa-sendmail envelopesender = auto
(envelopesender is only required if there is more than one account, and goa-sendmail explains what to do if it is not set).
The merge request is organized in several parts:
- build system cleanups and fixes (up to "examples can be compiled even if !enable_goabackend") now extracted in !82
- prepare GoaMailClient to allow using the socket after authentication (up to "goamailclient: add accessors for the input and output streams")
- basic functionality (up to "goa-sendmail: add option -i")
- add OAuth2 functionality to GoaSmtpAuth (up to "goasmtpauth: add SMTP OAUTHBEARER authentication support") ** this in turn requires some changes to pass the host and port from GoaMailClient to GoaMailAuth
- add OAuth2 functionality to goa-sendmail ("goa-sendmail: add OAuth2 support")
I am marking this as draft because there are a couple changes to goabackend. They are very small and should be fine, but I have no idea how to test them (I can try rebuilding a Fedora package with the patches, but I won't have time in the next few days).