Keyboard shortcut panel looks a bit cluttered
The keyboard shortcut panel currently looks cluttered compared to the other panels, it's especially bad when using a lot of added custom shortcuts. Also I noticed it takes quite some time to find a shortcut if you don't know a proper search term for it, finding a shortcut quickly and presenting them in a good/intuitive way is important because we currently don't have any other list in the shell to discover or find a shortcut.
A few ideas for making it look less cluttered and easier to navigate:
- Make the groups collapsible and collapse them by default
- Add icons to the groups and maybe even to individual shortcuts
- Add whitespace between groups or use a separate box for each group (like in the other panels)
- Maybe only show the keys of the shortcut on click?
- Somehow group shortcuts belonging together, using colors? or give buttons indentation? (like volume up/down/mute, move window to workspace 1/2/3/4, tile window left/right/maximize...)
- Collapse disabled shortcuts by default at the end of the groups
Some screenshots of the shortcut settings on other platforms would be appreciated too...
Also I think this issue would be less important if we had some global keyboard shortcut cheat-sheet in the shell like unity had.