Reordering all network settings
All three network-related panes are not logically organized and instead cluttered:
- While “network” is a general term, that specific pane just implements ethernet, VPN and proxy settings.
- The name “network” also applies to both WiFi and bluetooth – which however have separate panes.
- VPN and proxy settings are a layer above specific network implementations, so this should be separated.
- The plane mode setting in the WiFi pane also deactivates bluetooth whose settings are in another pane…?!
I therefore suggest the following changes:
- Changing the network pane to a general network pane.
- Throw out network-implementation-specific stuff (i.e. ethernet settings).
- Move plane mode here.
- Create a new “ethernet” pane with just ethernet-related settings.
Even better would be to organize all network settings in just one pane:
- Implement a stack-switcher in the network pane. Items: “General”, “Ethernet”, “Wifi” and “Bluetooth”
- Sort above mentioned, decluttered panes into the appropriate stacks.
- I guess an additional “mobile network”(?) pane appears when there is a SIM card present? Should be organized the same, if that exists.