No message explaining why it's impossible to connect headset with bluetooth
Steps to reproduce:
- Open GNOME Settings / Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth
- The spinner next to "devices" spins
- It spins
- 5 minutes later this mf still spinning
- I will not wait until it stops spinning: i click on the name of my headset ("Ryght LUMINA", it's already listed here since it worked in the past)
- In the modal window, i click on the "Connection" switch to turn it on.
- A spinner, again. It spins.
- This one quickly stops spinning: the switch is visible again, still off. It's been 3 months since the last time i could listen to music.
- I close the dialog. The "devices" spinner is still spinning.
I know my bluetooth/wifi chip (RTL8723DE) has a catastrophic kernel support, but i was at least excepting basic error messages telling me:
- what this spinner is waiting for
- if it's stuck, why?
- concerning the switch refusing to be turned on, what fails?
- why it fails?
Debian Sid, GNOME 3.36.3