Can't see "myself" in gnome-contacts if contact info contains IM identity in empathy
Submitted by Christian Stadelmann
Using Empathy 3.6.4, folks 0.8.0, gnome-contacts 3.6.2, evolution 3.6.4
Steps to reproduce
- Let's suppose your Jabber ID is email@example.com
- Set up empathy to connect to jabber using this ID
- Add your jabber ID to any contact in your local address book using evolution
- Open gnome-contacts and search for the contacts name you added the jabber ID
What I expect to happen: gnome-contacts should display this contact as any other contact
What actually happens: gnome-contacts hides the contact. It can neither be found by scrolling through the contacts list nor by searching.
- Evolution shows the contact as it should be so this is definitely a bug in gnome-contacts or libfolks.
- No logging output found. No crashes.
- This bug does not only apply to jabber but to ICQ and possibly other IM too.
- This bug also affects the gnome-contacts-search-provider.