Using Polish locale, unit conversion button inserts English text, resulting in an "unknown variable" error
How to reproduce:
- Run gnome-calculator 40.1 using Polish translation.
- Set conversion from mebibytes to megabytes and enter a number, e.g. 1000.
- Note that the conversion preview shows the correct number.
- Click the "na" button (I believe it's labeled "to" in English).
- The text inserted is "1000 mebibyte na megabyte", which causes an error: Nieznana zmienna „mebibyte” (English: Unknown variable „mebibyte”).
- Change the text to the translated version: "1000 mebibajtów na megabajty" (or without inflection: "1000 mebibajt na megabajt").
- Note that the translated text works correctly.
I believe this can be fixed in two ways:
- by inserting translated text
- by allowing untranslated text to work in addition to translated text