Use in Rust SDK Extension included rust-analyzer binary
Currently Builder downloads the rust-analyzer binary manually, and runs it then on host side. This works, but has the disadvantage of not using the dependencies from the Flatpak build environment. If you don't have all needed dependencies installed on the host side, rust-analyzer only works with limited features.
I created a prototype which uses the rust-analyzer which is already included in the Flatpak SDK extension. It works fine, but needs someone with proper C knowledge to integrate it properly into the plugin.
There are following open questions
- Do we still need the host side rust-analyzer?
- Which rust-analyzer should getting used, when we have
- the binary on the host side (eg. downloaded with Builder)
- the binary inside the rust-stable sdk extension
- the binary inside the rust-nightly sdk extension
If anyone wants to test it: org.gnome.Builder.flatpak
CC: @gwagner you might be interested in this, since you created the rust-analyzer plugin itself.