The RDP support is powered by gtk-frdp which is powered by freerdp.
Gtk-Frdp (https://gitlab.gnome.org/felipeborges/gtk-frdp) is a small widget/library that I wrote to render RDP content with FreeRDP.
These patches make Boxes support RDP and also adds an option to disable the feature enterely.
meson _build -Drdp=false
A few notes about Gtk-frdp:
- It does scaling by default.
- It is a git submodule.
- Please file bugs on the library repository (unless they are obviously in Boxes).
To test it you can:
- Connect to an RDP server of your choice by going to [NEW] -> Enter URL -> rdp:// Or
- Use a Windows VM: make sure the network bridge is existent. Go to Windows' settings and enable remote connections. Or
- Use the https://www.secure-od.com/remote-desktop-access/ demo server (please be cautious)
Server address: 188.8.131.52
Fixes #4 (closed)