Foreground tool eats memory
- GIMP Version: 2.10.24
- Package: rpm/dnf
- Operating System: Fedora 34
I guess this is a bug, but ...
So, the performance of Foreground Select tool is poor. I've a PC with 8GB and 16GB of SWAP. In the second try I've 3GB used of the 8GB. Even in this case the tool eats the memory so some, that the system has two choises to do:
- Log out user (in case of lack of memory, like 5GB used of 8GB)
- Close the GIMP (in the second case).
Actions to this happen
- Open an .jpeg image of 4000*6000 px (7.8MB) (I haven't tried with other dimensions)
- Use the tool.
- Wait to crash ....
Performance Log Description
- Begin with the tool.
- Ended the first step of the tool.
- Ended the second step.
- Right before GIMP begins the computation.
Somes images (the last one was right before the system, yes, in this case was the system, log me out...):