Win10 64bit: Gimp 2.10.22 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 16 (DTK1660K0A)
GIMP version: 2.8 through current stable 2.10.22
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with a Wacom Cintiq 16 (DTK1660K0A). Every program so far has worked with the device as expected.
Gimp 2.8 - current stable, 2.10.22, is not recognizing the device under Edit > Preferences > Input Devices / Input Controllers. "Core Pointer" is the only entry under Devices, and no Wacom devices appear under Controllers.
Repro rate: Always. 10/10. 100% reproduction.
- Run Windows 10 64-bit.
- Install any driver for Wacom Cintiq 16.
- Install Gimp.
- Open Gimp, and open Edit > Preferences > Input Devices / Input Controllers
Expected result: Tablet is recognized by the software and appears under available devices.
Actual result: Only "Core Pointer" is available in Input Devices. No tablet device appears under Input Controllers.
I have attempted:
- Latest Wacom drivers
- Earliest available Wacom drivers
- Device Manager > Wacom input (HID Compliant Mouse) > Properties > Update Driver > From Disk > Select from Menu > changing to "HID Compliant Device"
- Reinstalling Drivers
- Reinstalling Gimp
- Toggling various Tablet options
- Calibrating the Tablet specifically for Gimp
- Resetting Gimp preferences
- Making sure my machine is turned on / plugged in.
Nothing has worked, even temporarily. Gimp refuses to recognize my tablet.