Text tool 'kerning' cannot be adjusted using mouse wheel in GIMP Text Editor
GIMP version: 2.10.18
Operating System: Archlinux, kernel 5.6.11
Tested in both packages:
- [Binary package] provided from Arch Linux repository
- [Flatpak] from https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gimp.GIMP
Description of the bug
When attempting to use the mouse wheel to adjust the kerning for text in the GIMP text editor, the first character stays in place while the rest of the characters slide downward. See screenshot for example:
Is the bug reproducible? Always
- Draw a text box using the Text Tool
- Write several lines of text in the text box
- In the 'Tool Options' for the text tool, check 'Use editor'
- Inside the editor window, either click and draw with the mouse, or use CTRL+A to select your text
- Use the mouse wheel over the text kerning propery to adjust its value
Expected result: The kerning between characters will be adjusted.
Actual result: The first character stays in place, and the rest of the characters slide downward.