Updated windows and BIOS and now GIMP crashes after 10 mins of use
GIMP version: 2.10 and 2.822
Note: bug reporters are expected to have verified the bug still exists either in the last stable version of GIMP or on updated development code (master branch).
Operating System: Windows 10
Package: Installer from gimp.org
First time posting here so I'm not sure if this is the right format, but Windows 10 updated automatically for me and now GIMP crashes every time I try to use it.
I pretty much only use it for creating thumbnails for my YT channel. Details for reproduction below.
Is the bug reproducible? ALWAYS
- open my video and screenshot part of it for the base of the thumbnail
- create new in GIMP at 1280 x 720
- paste screenshot
- resize using scaling tool (image is normally pasted as 1920 x 1080)
- GIMP crashes
Occsionally I will be able to create one full thumbnail which involves the following steps:
- add text with text tool
- create "meme font" with text to layer, from layer, grow 8 px
- fill in with black color
- start new and begin the process again, but the crash pretty much always happens at step 4
Expected result: being able to make 6-7 thumbnails consecutively
Actual result: GIMP crarshing
Nothing.. please help. don't make me use Canva :(
If you have a backtrace for a crash or a warning, paste it here.