Account editor refinements
Now that the new accounts dialog has landed, there's still a lot that could be improved for it:
- Improve UX of Components.Validator (better feedback, animate spinner for long-running validation tasks)
- Improve drag and drop UX
- Proving better feeback when errors occur
- Pre-invalidating fields that have caused an account validation error (needs design, since it's usually not clear e.g. in the case of auth which is wrong, the login or password, or for connection errors, is it the host/port/security that is incorrect?)
- Improve signature editing (rich text toolbar, embed images, larger size, import from file) (e.g. #461 (closed), #462 (closed))
- Cancel during account validation
- Pre-populate host name fields (bgo 714096)
- Improve TLS/StartTLS guessing (bgo 712956)
- Redesign to support config via RFC 6186 SRV records and/or the Thunderbird/Evolution config databases
- Integrate with the desktop contacts database for address completion when adding accounts and sender aliases?
- Use 3.32-style avatars for sender identities?
- Make it clear which are GOA accounts (#220 (closed))
- Support enabling/disabling accounts (#440 (closed))