Message-ID header always uses the domain from the account's first address
After setting up a single account that can send from multiple domains, outgoing Message-ID headers don't match the
From: domain of the email. Instead, it's always the domain of the first-listed address for the account.
Could be a privacy issue if the user wants to keep their sending identities separate (but uses a single mail account, like I do).
- Geary version: 3.38.0
- Installation method: deb (via Pop! Shop)
- Desktop environment: pop:GNOME
- Operating system and version: Pop!_OS 20.10
- Email provider: fastmail.com
Steps to reproduce
- Create a single account
- Add email address: email@example.com
- Add email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send an email as email@example.com
- Send an email as firstname.lastname@example.org
Both of the received emails will have a Message-ID header ending in @foo.com. (If email@example.com is moved to the top, it will always be used, instead.)
What did you expect to happen?
Message-ID should match the sending address.