evolution-ews fails to create account
Greetings, and thanks to all who are working on this essential tool.
I'm new to using it, and while it works beautifully on my GNOME-based system (POP!_OS), I'm having trouble on my MX Linux 19.2 system. Here's what happens:
- I can create IMAP accounts without a problem
- I start creating an Exchange Web Services account. That's an option, so I assume the plugin is loaded correctly.
- I follow the configuration instructions provided by my university
- Upon pressing Apply on the last screen, the dialog disappears, and nothing happens. The Outlook login dialog never appears, and no new account is created.
I'm not sure how best to get further log/debugging information. Here are some of the things I've tried, with no change in the resulting behavior:
- Checked that the MX machine has all the same evolution packages as the POP machine
- Removed the data files ~/.local/share/evolution, ~/.config/evolution ~/.cache/evolution and tried again
Thanks in advance for any help, and I hope my experience is of use in helping others.