All day event times broken after drag&drop in Work Week view
In Evolution's calendar with Work Week view moving an "all day event" appointment from one day to another by drag-and-drop modifies its duration. Depending on how often you move the appointment the change to the duration differs. I could not change it back to an "all day event", single day appointment.
I am using Evolution on Fedora 28 with an e-mail account hosted on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 by connecting with EWS to it.
$ rpm -qa "evolution*" evolution-help-3.28.3-1.fc28.noarch evolution-langpacks-3.28.3-1.fc28.noarch evolution-data-server-3.28.3-1.fc28.x86_64 evolution-ews-langpacks-3.28.3-2.fc28.noarch evolution-ews-3.28.3-2.fc28.x86_64 evolution-data-server-devel-3.28.3-1.fc28.x86_64 evolution-3.28.3-1.fc28.x86_64 evolution-data-server-langpacks-3.28.3-1.fc28.noarch
Steps to reproduce:
- switch to Evolution's calendar view (Evolution -- View -- Window -- Calendar)
- switch to "Work Week" view mode (Evolution -- View -- Current View -- Work Week View)
- create an "all day event" appointment and schedule it for a day in the calendar view, say Monday (either double click in the dark gray area at top of calendar or right mouse button click -- New Appointment... -- [x] All day event)
- save appointment (click on: File -- Save and Close); you will see the new appointment at top in dark gray area, its time zone is "Europe/Berlin" for me
- by the center of the appointment's box drag and drop it from Monday to Tuesday, stick to the dark gray area
- expected behaviour: single day item on Tuesday with "Time zone: Europe/Berlin"
- observed behaviour: appointment's duration and time zone are changed; it starts at Monday and ends at Tuesday; it is still an "all day event" appointment; "Time zone" changed from "Europe/Berlin" to "tzone://Microsoft/Utc"
- by the center of the appointment's box drag and drop it from Monday to Tuesday again, stick to the dark gray area
- observed behaviour: appointment's duration and type are changed; it starts at Monday 2:00 AM and ends at Thursday 2:00 AM ; the "all day event" checkbox is not checked anymore
Workaround: Do not drag-and-drop-move the appointment, instead:
- open its property window (by double clicking appointment)
- manually change the "Start time" (either by typing or with calendar drop-down applet)
- File -- Save and Close