New bookmarks UI - design review
Submitted by Allan Day
Created attachment 345233 modified screenshots
The new bookmarks UI looks great in general. There are a few small issues that it would be good to get cleaned up though.
- Vertical spacing in the bookmark popover and properties dialog - not enough space above the tag heading or remove button.
- In the bookmark properties dialog, the "Tags" label should be baseline aligned with the label on the first row of tags.
- Tag buttons look insensitive and not clickable. It might be best to give them regular button styling.
The arrow of the bookmark popover doesn't point to the middle of the star in the address bar.
- The spacing in the bookmark list popover looks off - there needs to be less padding on the sides and more above the list.
In the bookmark list, there's no visual differentiation between tags and bookmarks. In the mockups, this was done using icons. An alternative might be to show > arrows for tags.
- In the bookmark list, the favorites tag is shown even when it's empty.
The attachment contains some visual guidance for the layout changes - images on the left are raw screenshots, which have been modified on the right.
Version: git master