Webapps should handle deep links
Submitted by Bastien Nocera
- Create a webapp for linkedin.com
- Click on a link to linkedin.com in your mail client
- the default browser opens
What should happen:
- the webapp for linkedin.com should open the link
One way this could be implemented:
- When creating the webapp, Epiphany downloads the https://linkedin.com/.well-known/assetlinks.json 1 and verifies all the domains are handled
- Epiphany writes inside the .desktop file that the app handles those domains (maybe extending the x-scheme-handler/ mime-type, or writing a separate X-GNOME-Scheme and X-GNOME-Domains keys)
- Epiphany adds "%u" to the .desktop Exec=
- GIO launches the epiphany web app when a linkedin.com link is clicked.
Even better, Epiphany should check for external webapps handling a particular domain/scheme when clicking on links (eg. clicking on a link to linkedin.com in a search could/should open the linkedin application).