Firefox Sync setup stalls if incorrect password is entered
|OS||Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition, x86_64)|
On a fresh install of Web, the Firefox Sync functionality should allow me to proceed through setup, following the submission of an incorrect password for my Firefox Account, and re-submission of the correct password.
The Firefox Sync setup stalls after entering the correct password. The account appears as if login was successful, but does not proceed to allow entering a 2FA code, or to the native GTK4 Firefox Sync preferences.
Steps to reproduce
- Open a fresh install of Web
- Open the primary menu and navigate to "Import and Export" => "Firefox Sync"
- Enter a valid Firefox Account email in the dialog
- When prompted to enter a password, enter an incorrect password and proceed. Wait for the Firefox Sync dialog to notify you that an incorrect password was entered.
- Enter the correct password for your account and proceed.