Gnome desktop-Icons Extension Setup
[Download, Update and Install/Enable] The following steps will take place after you run this script:
- Creates Directory ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions (If do not exist already)
- Downloads archived (.tar.gz) desktop-icons extension from official repository: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/ShellExtensions/desktop-icons
- Disables old Gnome Icons extension if it was installed and enabled before
- Removes old ./desktop-icons@csoriano extension folder
- Extracts Downloaded (.tar.gz) archive inside ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions directory
- Disables Original Ubuntu Icons
- Enables newly downloaded Gnome Icons extension.
- Replaces Gnome Window manager with new one, to see the icons appear.