Article reading app
I often read articles coming from various places (feed reader, random URLs I stumbled upon, etc). I like having all these articles in a single place wherever they come from, and because they all are webpages that ends up being my web browser.
Reading these articles requires two things:
- putting the articles aside to read them when I'll time (I don't want to switch tasks)
While a web browser offers a nice reading view which helps focusing on the article, it is also a noisy place where many activities are concurrencing each other, which depends on internet access, and which doesn't provide a reading time estimation nor pagination (which helps making a big pile of long articles less daunting to attack).
I think I'd really like an app that:
- Lets me open URLs.
- Shows them to me in a paginated and focused (reader mode) way.
- Gives me a reading time estimate.
- Stores the articles for offline usage as soon as they are added (or as soon as the internet is available, if articles were added offline).
- let me mark articles as read or not, categorize them, export them (as PDFs e.g.).
- Lets me add PDFs or EPUBs maybe too?
Maybe a good app name could be Magazine.
It could also just be a "Save as Epub" button in web browsers and a few extra tweaks in Foliate, maybe?