Visual Quality of Life Improvements
The app is functional yet not aesthetically as pleasing as it could be. I am listing a set of suggestions that I feel can go a long way into making Giara visually pleasing.
- Provide a preview of text based posts while scrolling through feed. Use a slightly differentiated colour to indicate what is Title and what is Text but this would be useful to quickly see what the post is about so that you need to open it only if you are interested
- When viewing a community, show the community wallpaper/background at the top instead of just some text on a plain background (maybe a blurred image0
- The subreddit introduction area looks ugly. The number of members, sidebar, and joined since should be moved from here to the details/description area.
- When opening a subreddit from the Subreddits List page, allow swipe gestures to go back, just like in overview mode.
- Clicking the Play button on videos does not work currently
- Increase left padding between comment text and comment boundary (i.e. where it shows the colour, blue/red/etc) to make it look less cramped
- Allow clicking/tapping at the top of a comment to collapse them and their children