Introduce a Bot for Automating Markdown Profiles
Since many people do not have Markdown knowledge or specific coding knowledge the idea behind this feature is to introduce a Bot which will read the contents of every Issue with a Label called "Profile Request" (for example) and will create automatically a Merge Request containing the contents of the Issue (that will follow a specific Template).
- The Bot keeps looking for opened Issues with Label "Profile Request"
- The Bot verifies if the Issue is following the Template
- If not it comments that the Issue doesn't follow the Template
- Bot applies the label "Changes Requested"
- If everything is OK the Bot will create a merge request with a title
- "Profile Request #NumberOfTheIssue"
- The only one file part of the MR would be the Markdown file
- The Bot applies on the Issue a label called "Request Created"
- The Bot comments the Merge Request URI and that someone needs to approve it"
- If the user updates the Issue with changes requested by the Maintainers
- The user needs to apply a label "Update Required"
- The Bot will automatically update the MR
Manual Actions (Things not done by the Bot)
- Maintainers merge the Merge Request and manually close the Issue