tracker: File creation times
Project name: tracker miners: File creation times
@sthursfield and/or @carlosg
Support (but not mentorship) from @antoniof and @oholy
File creation time was historically not tracked on UNIX file systems and it's not part of the POSIX specification. Other OSes do track this, and modern Linux can provide files creation times in most cases. Nautilus can now sort by creation time.
This project is about adding creation time support to the Tracker Miner FS indexer, and to allow searching by creation time in Nautilus.
It breaks into three parts:
- Fix file mtime/crtime access in GLib (GNOME/glib#2281 (closed))
- Add file creation time support to Tracker filesystem indexer (GNOME/tracker-miners#158 (closed))
- Add search by creation time to Nautilus GNOME/nautilus#1761 (closed)
- C programming with GLib
- Basic knowledge of Linux filesystems
- #tracker (and #tracker:gnome.org) for coordination
- #gtk (and #gtk:gnome.org) for GLib development, and #nautilus (and #nautilus:gnome.org) also relevant.