GNOME 3.30 Release Video: Manuscript
The manuscript/synopsis should mainly use the content gathered in issue #103 (closed). Write comments in #103 (closed) or ask the assigned developers if you have questions regarding what the content is.
See also the bullet points in the Release Notes wiki for additional clarification on some features.
Synopsis Writing Guide
The release videos generally follows a structure along these lines:
- What is GNOME
- The major theme for this release
- What's new in the Shell
- What's new in our Apps
- What's new for developers
- Contribute to GNOME! Visit gnome.org
Manuscript Writing Guide:
- Avoid difficult words and sentence constructions. The manuscript should be written as spoken language.
- Feel free to take inspiration from previous manuscripts: See GNOME 3.18 Manuscript, GNOME 3.22 Manuscript or the GNOME 3.24 Manuscript
- You can get an idea of how the manuscript transforms into the final voice by watching previous release videos, fx the GNOME 3.24 Release Video.
- @bastianilso will annotate the manuscript later with ideas on how the animations will be done.
Want to help?
The following items need to be done.
- Synopsis Draft Writing (@bastianilso)
- Manuscript Draft Writing (@bwyazel)
- Voice-over (@bastianilso coordinates with Karen Sandler)
You can help us by proof-reading the manuscript and provide feedback on wording etc. Thank you!