The source project of this merge request has been removed.
Shell: add spatial overview variation
This adds a variation of the current spatial shell overview mockup. The changes are:
- Search on bottom, favorite bar on top
- Search results slide in from bottom instead of overlay
- Arrow for displaying app grid instead of
The reasoning behind these proposed changes are:
- Favorites closer to the top bar means less mouse travel distance.
- Search does not need to be reached by mouse.
- Eases making of mental connection to just type by search being closer to keyboard.
- Prevents readability issues, which can happen with overlays.
- Also, less clutter on screen.
- Capitalizes on the new spatial arrangement by not relying on the grid metaphor.
- Increases symmetry.