Gnome Extensions complains about native host connector not supporting v6 API
- Chrome version 104.0.5112.79 and previous versions (installed from DEB)
- Firefox version 130.0 (Ubuntu 20.04 installed from DEB; not applicable to Ubuntu 22.04)
Operating systems: Various. I have it in:
- Ubuntu 20.04 with Gnome Shell version 3.36.8
- Ubuntu 22.04 with Gnome Shell version 42.2, both Wayland and X.Org
I have also seen it reported in Arch, EndeavourOS, Debian Stable, and Pop!_OS.
When opening Gnome Shell Extensions in the browser, it reports an error, "Your native host connector do [sic] not support following APIs: v6. You should probably upgrade native host connector or install plugins for missing APIs. Refer to the documentation for instructions."
Steps to reproduce
- Open the browser.
- If necessary, install the browser extension and chrome-gnome-shell as required. Close and reopen the browser.
- Go to https://extensions.gnome.org/
The error message appears as already described.
Severity level: minor
This doesn't prevent extensions from being installed, run or uninstalled, so this message is confusing rather than a serious problem. The confusion is indicated by several reports in various places online.
What did you expect to happen
The error message should not appear.