Additional functions/endpoints in DL API
I am an Outreachy intern, working on integration of DL in gtranslator. The goal is to let users "browse" and load files via gtranslator instead of downloading them from the website and loading the file manually.
We are now creating an interface in gtranslator, in which user can select team/language, module/project, and branch, then gets the corresponding PO file which is then loaded into gtranslator.
For example, if I go to the DL website and
- choose module gnome-contacts,
- then, under branch gnome-3-30,
- choose slovenian language, I get a page (https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-contacts/gnome-3-30/po/sl/) from which I can download the PO file https://l10n.gnome.org/POT/gnome-contacts.gnome-3-30/gnome-contacts.gnome-3-30.sl.po
This is the file we would like to offer/load to user.
You already provide API interfaces for teams and modules. To accomplish the functionality above we would need (for now) two additional endpoints:
- get branches of specific module
- get PO file based on the 3 parameters: module, language, branch
Is this something you would be able and willing to add to the API?
I would appreciate your input and opinion regarding this functionality. If there is some other detail that I am missing, please elaborate, since I am still getting acquainted with both projects.