Tracker bug for upstream GitLab
Let's have a tracker bug for issues that are affecting us and are GitLab upstream.
The following issues are ordered by time critical.
- Mostly at https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/35287
- User ID not present in GitLab Shell, preventing translation user checking - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/24945. There is an issue that the fix evaluated the wrong field. Expected actual fix is planned for GitLab 10.2.
- Allow fast forward merge option in the UI - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/20076. Part was completed but seems it's missing the actual rebase before merging. Update: We agreed on having it for GitLab 10.4, together with few of our projects migrating.
- Preserve comments in MR discussions after git push --force the branch in the MR - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/31847. Update: Expected fix in GitLab 10.3.
- Ability to merge duplicated issues. It was https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/26372, however it's missing a richer UI experience. Filed https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/39751 for the missing UI/UX of duplicates handling. Update: We agreed this will be an ongoing effort.
- External users cannot create forks, preventing external contributions https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Infrastructure/issues/18, upstream: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/15173. I have the feeling this might be us missing something.
The following issues are ordered by impact.
- Figure out a workflow for merge requests that needs modifications to be done by the maintainer - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/39756
- Diffs bigger than 100kb cannot be reviewed - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/30061#note_53197730
- Dependencies between issues https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Infrastructure/issues/17, upstream: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/4058. Seems this one is going to be difficult to become free software.
- Identifying our instance as official GNOME is difficult with the new navigation https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Infrastructure/issues/19.
- If we are going to use the description to put related issues to be tracked as a workaround for not having built-in support for "relation between issues", we might need to have a way to remove all the "User changed the description" meta messages or collapse them.
- And, not, or operands for search https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/27747.
- Stock responses for comments (like need backtrace, etc.). Tracked in issue #33, and upstream: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/14796
- Allow permissions for wiki separated from developer permission - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/19798
- Have a good workflow for translators, it can involve labels that scale well (for having a label per language without cluttering much the UI) - upstream for scalability of labels: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/21902
- Add "filter by name" for group labels, similar to what we have per project - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/27031
- Not convenient way to review commit messages - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/38602
- Project names cannot contain '+'. Guess which project is at fault :) - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/40838
- Ability to merge only part of the merge request - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/36913
- Internal error when editing a issue description with task list - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/38639
- Markdown generation jumps some lines - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/33770
Nice to have
- CI for every commit instead of just last commit - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/13187
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information