Does not parse asx playlist trees like WMP
Submitted by Marcus Granado
Please describe the problem: Totem 2.18.0 in Ubuntu Feisty Beta (using today's repository, xine-lib 1.1.4 and today's GStreamer 0.10.12) only plays the first video in a master-playlist containing nested asx sub-playlists (in a playlist tree with arbitrary depth).
Microsoft media player iterates over all sub-playlists (the nodes/leaves of the tree) correctly and plays all the videos in the nested playlist.
The master asx playlist (the root of the tree, listed below) contains further references to other nested asx sub-playlists as in a tree of playlists. Each sub-playlist leaf contains only one mms: video stream element each which should be played. Each sub-playlist is successfully played by totem if started manually, but totem fails to iterate over all of them if given the master playlist to play.
Steps to reproduce:
(the asx contents of this url can be seen below.)
- only the first item of the master-playlist above is shown.
- each item can be played successfully if manually started using the sub-playlist urls (see list of urls below).
- sometimes, totem can be made to iterate over some of the master playlist items if the 'next item' button is pressed repeatedly without stopping.
Expected results: totem should play all videostreams in the leaves of the playlist tree, just like Microsoft Media Player does.
Does this happen every time? yes
- Microsoft media player fetches/plays each asx sub-playlists and mms: streams inside them synchronously (depth-first, blocking the iteration that fetches the next asx sub-playlist contents until the current videostream is over or cancelled).
- maybe totem is doing this asynchronously (breadth-first, fetching the contents of all asx sub-playlists before starting to play the first videostream)?
The master playlist in the root of the tree (pointing to nested sub-playlists) given as example:`` `` `` `` `` `` `` `` ``