maximize-restore blocks screen with wayland, gnome-0.30
Mandatory: Shotwell version the issue was seen with
- 0.28.4 running with gnome-0.30.
- https://download.gnome.org/sources/shotwell/0.30/ running with gnome-0.30.
The expected behaviour
maximize - restore working correctly.
What was actually happening
maximize does not resize the window but shows the image full screen. minimize displays both, the original size, old posiiton, and original size new position. the old position is in the forground not taking any input. if the original is big enough than the whole screen gets blocked. or one does this often the whole screen is full of copies of the image.
Steps to reproduce the issue
start gnome in wayland mode, e.g. from the command line:
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland nohup dbus-run-session gnome-session
double click on the window header to aximize. press esc to restore original size.
related bug and dependency info in arch linux:
- shotwell: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/shotwell/
- mutter: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/mutter/, referring to https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/egl-wayland/
- gtk3: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/gtk3/ referring to https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/wayland/ https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/wayland-protocols/