Cannot Show in File Manager When File Path Contains Single Quote
Error message is displayed when clicking on "Show in File Manager" when the photo's path contains a single quote. (e.g. "~/John's Photos".
Mandatory: Shotwell version the issue was seen with
The expected behaviour
Shotwell should load the file manager and display the directory that contains the selected photo.
What was actually happening
Error message is diaplayed instead: Unable to open in file manager:
Error when getting information for file '/home/John's Photos': No such file or directory"
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Create a directory within a directory monitored by Shotwell that contains a single quote (most "problematic" characters that Bash usually escapes will probably cause the same result).
- Add a photo to the new directory.
- Open Shotwell and let it scan and locate the new photo and directory.
- Navigate to the new directory using Shotwell.
- Select the new photo, right click and choose "Show in File Manager". The error message will be displayed.