Pause/resume doesn't work when file is streamed via sftp and crossfading is enabled
Submitted by Steve M.
Created attachment 229519 Output of rhythmbox -D player for scenario described above
If a file is being streamed via sftp/gvfs, and crossfading is enabled, pausing and resuming the track won't work properly.
Scenario in the attached debug log:
- crossfading is enabled (0.2s)
- a file is currently being played via sftp
- the pause button is pressed
- song fades out, is being paused
- song fades in again, and continues to play, but no audio output after finishing fade-in
- when pressing pause again the cycle repeats, or Rhythmbox hangs completely and needs to be killed
Pause/resume works fine if crossfading is disabled. Also, the problem does not occur if a file from the local filesystem is being played back.
This appeared after a system upgrade from Xubuntu 12.04 (Rhythmbox 2.96) to Xubuntu 12.10 (Rhythmbox 2.97).
Attachment 229519, "Output of rhythmbox -D player for scenario described above":