Update the "Get it" page
Submitted by Alex Băluț
Assigned to Jeff F.T.
- Remove space after "0.95" and specify when it has been released!
- Link "often" to https://github.com/pitivi/pitivi/releases
- Remove "Due to limited manpower, we cannot investigate bugs..." - that info does not concern installation and should go to reporting bugs.
- Remove "when reporting bugs, you should test against those, rather than distribution packages.". Let's not distract the user so he pays better attention to installing Pitivi. Maybe also move it to reporting bugs.
- Update the recommended way: "... is by using Flatpak." and don't link it so the user reads below.
== Left column: Installing Pitivi ==
- Replace the impersonal box image with the logo?
- The text under could say:
Flatpak allows installing the latest Pitivi on any recent Linux distribution with minimal effort from our side. Please <a href="http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/Install_with_flatpak">install Pitivi using Flatpak</a>.
== Right column: Building the development version ==
- The text under can be replaced with this short version:
Interested in fixing a bug or adding a feature yourself? Setting up the <a href="https://github.com/pitivi/pitivi/blob/master/docs/HACKING.md">development environment</a> is very easy. Feel free to <a href="https://github.com/pitivi/pitivi">browse the code</a> or check our <a href="https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/tag/pitivi/">roadmap</a>.
== Super-nitpicks ==
- In the "Get it" and "Contact" pages the navigation links at the top of the page appear a bit off vs the other pages.
- The click area for the images is ridiculously large, only the images should be linked, not the space around them.